체류기간연장 질문

khs 1 2009
관광비자 로 입국 햇읍니다  체류기간을 좀 더 연장하고싶은데
어디에서 알아봐야하는지요? 답변해주시는분께 미리 감사드립니다..
글쓴이에게 쪽지보내기
1 Comments
참고하세요 2006.05.19  
Visitor Visa Extension 

Visitor Visa is a nonimmigrant visa issued to people entering U.S. temporarily for business (B-1), or for pleasure/ medical treatment (B-2). These are generally issued for a period of six months, but an additional maximum extension of 6 months can be taken based on the USCIS(INS) approval.

Extending your visitor visa
INS will judge the extension based on certain factors, such as:

Your definite plans to leave U.S. at the end of the proposed extension period.
Valid reasons for the extended stay.
The application submitted for the extension of stay should be before the current I-94 expiry date.
The applicant has not committed any illegal act during the stay.
There should be proper evidence for financial support
Documents required for the extension:
Completed I-539 form.
An application stating the reason for the requested extension.
Proof of financial support during this extended stay.
Copy of your return tickets as a proof of your temporary stay intentions.
Extension fee for the visitor visa which is $195 at present as of May 2004. You may confirm it by calling INS in future.If you applying for spouse and children they are included in the same fee.
Copy of I94 of each applicant. ( Do not send the Original I94)
How to File ?

There are two ways to file for your Visa extension:

1. File online over the internet.

2. Send completed form and applications visa mail.

You should mail this form to the Service Center having jurisdiction over where you live in the United States.

Click here. to get the name and address of the USCIS centers.

What after filing the case?

Once you file the case, USCIS will send you a receipt with a receipt number( 13 digit) this is your case number. The approximate processing time will be indicated on the receipt. It can take few weeks to several weeks to process your case.

You can check and track your case status online using case/receipt number.

Or call National Customer Service Center 1-800-375-5283

If approved:
If your application for an extension is approved you will be issued a replacement I-94 with a new departure date. Make a copy of this approval letter and I94 and keep into your record, these will be useful for future entry to USA. You should carry these when you make next US trip or appear for a fresh US visa next time.

You can remain in USA up to until this new I94 date. When you leave USA, must submit both(old and new) I94 to the airline staff on checkin counter.

If Denied:

If denied, you will receive a letter that will tell you why the application was denied. You are required to leave USA immediately.

What if you overstayed ?

If you are a multiple entry visa holder and overstayed your multiple entry visa Visa may becomes Void under rule INA 222(g/2).
( Note this is not ways true that overstay means Visa become Void, this may be the worst case, for those who over stayed by many months etc.)

Read more info about INA 222g/2 rule:

- More information at findlaw.com
- A memo at immigrationlink.com

You may not be allowed to enter into USA at the port of entry.
You may be deported if not leave on time.

Since the time taken for the approval is not known, the best thing a person should do is to keep the travel plan ready based on the original I94 dates if you get the approval its well and good , else should leave the country. This way you keep your option to enter into USA in future and avoid any legal problems.

No matter what is the result of the extension request , you should always keep copy and proof of all paperwork and communication you did with USCIS this will be useful for your future visa need for future US trip.

Read information related to I94 and Visa at Dept of state website.

Note : IF you have got the extension approved, and received a approval, you will get a new I94 attached to the approval letter. You must make a copy of this letter. When leaving USA you should give this new I94 to the airline checking counter along with the old/earlier I94.
 Tips
Do not apply for the extension immediately after arriving into USA, INS officials might take it as a pre-planned act.
Remember: The date of expiry of your stay limit is the date on the I-94 form tag attached to your passport, and not the date stamped on your visa.
제목