San Diego, CA 92122

Danica Mae Dr & Regents Rd

University City

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Tierrasanta Ridge Apartment Homes
    3.5 (73 reviews)

6.8 miles away from Venetian Condominiums

Rochelle S. said"My husband and I lived there for a year and would have signed a lease again if we weren't stationed in FL. We may have lucked out and had an awesome building/neighbors in our particular area (building T), but all our neighbors were…"read more

in Apartments

Instant Living
    5.0 (1 reviews)

We build pre-fab and custom Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) from start-to-finish. From initial design to permits to construction, we are San Diego's #1 ADU, Granny Flat, Garage Conversion, & Guest House company...read more

in Home Developers

Urban Coast Properties
    4.0 (72 reviews)

9.1 miles away from Venetian Condominiums

Raquel B. said"I am not usually one to write reviews whether they are good or bad but in this case I felt compelled to write something. The people at Urban Coast Properties are amazing. From their efficiency and expertise to their impeccable…"read more

in Property Management

Amenities and More

About the Business

Business owner information

Photo of Venetian C.

Venetian C.

NO OFFICE. Individually owned Condos. Contact VenetianCondos@gmail.com for information on sales and leasing. 1 and 2 bedroom luxury condominiums for rent or sale! Furnished options

Ask the Community

• Q:

Is there a way to contact the HOA?

A:

Yes, contact information is posted in front of the clubhouse

Thomas H. 
      5 years ago 3 people found this helpful

Recommended Reviews

Photo of Username
    Username
    Choose a star rating on a scale of 1 to 5
    • 1 star rating
      Not good
    • 2 star rating
      Could’ve been better
    • 3 star rating
      OK
    • 4 star rating
      Good
    • 5 star rating
      Great
    Start your review of Venetian Condominiums

Overall rating

39 reviews

5 stars

4 stars

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

• Photo of John S.
      John S.
      San Diego, CA
      Sep 5, 2018

I've been living here for 5 months and I really can't complain about anything. It's in a great location in the heart of UTC. It's on the corner of Nobel and Regents, just blocks from UTC mall and 3 other shopping centers. The best part of these condos is that it is soooo quiet. The great thing about living around these UCSD nerds is that they're always studying or playing pocket pool because they don't have the marbles to talk to a girl.

The pool is pretty good size and nobody is ever in it. I never seem to see anyone in the mail room, which is awesome because I hate awkward moments. What's cool is there are usually spots on the street for guests. The negative is that there is only 1 guest spot inside the complex. The trash area can get kinda messy at times. But, I don't expect much living around college students.

I love how the walls are super insulated so it never gets too hot or cold in my place. It's not the nicest of complexes but it's like dating the ugliest Victoria's Secret model. It's the worst of the best... but still better than any of your friends'.

Orgasmic looking kitchen!
      Helpful 14
      Thanks 0
      Love this 14
      Oh no 0

Photo of James W.

James W.

Sep 14, 2018

Thanks John S., We're just HOA volunteers that run this Yelp page and trying to make the Venetian as good as possible! We appreciate the feedback!

• Photo of Mazen A.
      Mazen A.
      San Diego, CA
      Sep 1, 2023

Visited the Venetian Condominiums and was impressed. The lobby is tidy, staff is friendly, and the amenities are well-maintained. Condos are spacious with good natural light. Convenient location near shops and restaurants. Overall, a comfortable and pleasant experience.

Helpful 8
      Thanks 5
      Love this 5
      Oh no 0
    • Photo of Shree K.
      Shree K.
      Union City, CA
      Aug 14, 2023

These people Sean/Brian/Ali own a few units and rent to tenants at Venetian condos and are scammers who trap innocent kids. Ask for large deposits, full 1-month rent upfront, bloat rental duration, full 12 months vs 10 months (standard excluding summer vacation months), keep changing lease start dates, and play hardball tactics to discourage tenants to ask legit questions.

They look good on the surface and probably have an exclusive team to post good reviews repeatedly to keep their rating high so that they can keep doing their scamming business!

We lost close to over $2000 in rental deposit they took upfront over Zelle payment. They have no online portal and only work using Gmail. Even the lease agreement doesn't follow any legal standards.

I strongly advise staying away from these people at Venetian Condos in La Jolla CA.

Helpful 15
      Thanks 9
      Love this 9
      Oh no 8

Photo of James W.

James W.

• Photo of Tony J.
      Tony J.
      San Francisco, CA
      Aug 20, 2023

The Venetian Condominiums is a condo complex which are individually owned. The largest owner in the complex is Ali(Alan) Ghorbanzadeh/Gorban, who is represented by his sons, Sean and Brian Gorban. I wish I had read these Yelp reviews beforehand, but I had the unfortunate experience of renting one of their condos while a student at UCSD. Every shady practice mentioned about them is true -

They ask for a large upfront deposit and kept changing the lease terms after the contract was signed. They actually terminated our lease early so that they could get a new tenant in that was paying a higher rate. And then they had the audacity of keeping our deposit without cause. They never fixed or responded to any of the maintainace issues and made multiple unannounced visits into our unit to show it off to other guests.

Also, Brian and Sean have multiple fake accounts on Yelp, Google, and other landlord review websites. They use fake names and photos(James W, Venetian Condos, etc) to try to remove all the negative reviews about them and keep creating fake accounts to boost their yelp scores.

I would highly recommend renting from a different landlord in the complex or just going with another complex all together(they control the HOA as they have a majority of the board seats). They have a long track record of screwing over tenants and multiple lawsuits related to this. UCSD is aware of their bad business practices. Just check the San Diego County Court records for a a list of all the lawsuits filed against them for taking advantage of tenants and withholding deposits without cause.

Helpful 12
      Thanks 9
      Love this 8
      Oh no 5

Photo of James W.

James W.

• Photo of Sara R.
      Sara R.
      CA, CA
      Jan 1, 2023

Got a tour from Brian. He was extremely rude. I was legitimately afraid to rent here after this experience. I'm almost afraid to post this review because I'm worried about the type of response I may get but i want others to be aware. I've lived in many apartment complexes over the years toured even more and never had such an experience. I would never rent any apartment that is managed by him.

Edit: I see he responded within two hours. I don't hide my reviews. Feel free to take a look at my "many" (two) reviews for mental health clinicians. I am proud to take care of my mental health and perhaps Brian should as well. I will let others judge based on the response I just received as to whether you want to work with this individual who wants to paint someone as mentally ill for having a very bad experience with him. Also I tried to provide feedback after the tour but was met with even further hostility from him and I think the other person I tried to speak to was his father.

Edit 2: looks like he deleted his response. I think that speaks for itself.

Helpful 17
      Thanks 10
      Love this 7
      Oh no 6

Photo of James W.

James W.

• Photo of Mike A.
      Mike A.
      San Diego, CA
      Jul 13, 2023

Me and my roommates wanted to rent with Sean/Brian/Ali at Venetian condo starting Sept 2023 and gave them our $2,000 deposit. After we gave them our deposit, we called to check on status of the contract and they kept pushing us off. Finally, they said we could have a unit starting in June 2023 but that's not what we agreed to since school didn't start until Sept 2023. After almost 3 months of getting the runaround from them and Sean no-showing to our scheduled in-person meeting, we had enough and decided to go to Axiom apartments (just across the way).

Axiom has nice apartments where the proprietors are honest and reputable, get back to you quickly, have a clear process, and who appreciate your business. Instead of a 3 month ordeal like we had with Sean/Brian/Ali, Axiom's process took one week from start of rental application to signed contract and they were very pleasant to work with.

Meanwhile, Sean/Brian/Ali say we can't have our deposit back. When I asked, Sean said "call my lawyer", then hung up on me now won't return my calls. Apparently we are not the only ones they took deposits from without returning. Their family has 30+ cases in San Diego Superior Court:

https://courtindex.sdcourt.ca.gov/CISPublic/viewname?caseType=C&site=SD&partyType=A&fileDateBegin=1974&fileDateEnd=2023&lastname=GHORBANZADEH&firstname=&page=1

If you are a UCSD student, I would also check-in with the UC San Diego Legal Services team at https://students.ucsd.edu/sponsor/student-legal/ or you can call them. They have a long list of complaints against problematic landlords and if you call them they will tell you that the family is very "well known" in the area for their business practices.

Helpful 10
      Thanks 7
      Love this 6
      Oh no 4

Photo of James W.

James W.

• Photo of Bennett B.
      Bennett B.
      La Jolla, San Diego, CA
      Aug 31, 2023

Very good location but the pool atea is very ugly they need ti update now not worth the price

Helpful 1
      Thanks 2
      Love this 1
      Oh no 1

Photo of James W.

James W.

Sep 30, 2023

Not sure if you have seen the new pool, jacuzzi, tennis court, BBQ, Gym, etc area as we have gotten many great reviews. Hope all is well.

• Photo of Leela S.
      Leela S.
      San Francisco, CA
      Aug 31, 2023

Be warned- Brian, Sean and their father Ali Ghorbanzadeh scammed my roommates and I who are new incoming transfer students at UCSD. They asked for a large deposit of $2000, took our money and ran. They violated MANY civil codes. Very disappointing to see people taking advantage of young students. They have multiple lawsuits against them in San Diego for their scams.

Helpful 10
      Thanks 6
      Love this 5
      Oh no 4

Photo of James W.

James W.

• Photo of Sa A.
      Sa A.
      Union City, CA
      Aug 3, 2023

This is truly a legit post.

My son, a college student at UC San Diego, and their roommates wanted to rent with Sean/Brian/Ali at the Venetian condominiums in San Diego starting Sept 2023 and gave them total $2,000 deposit. After we gave them our deposit, we called to check on status of the contract and they kept pushing us off. Finally, they said we could have a unit starting in June 2023 but that's not what we agreed to since school didn't start until Sept 2023. After almost 3 months of getting the runaround from them and Sean no-showing to our scheduled in-person meeting, we had enough and had lost trust, and so we decided to go with Axiom apartments (just across the way and more professional and legit with their services).

My Suggestion: Stay away from renting at Venetian condominium due to their shady practices and do your research before renting with Venetian Condos

Meanwhile, Sean/Brian/Ali say we can't have our deposit back. When I asked, Sean said "call my lawyer", then hung up on me now won't return my calls. Apparently we are not the only ones they took deposits from without returning. Their family has 30+ cases in San Diego Superior Court: courtindex.sdcourt.ca.gov.

If you are a UCSD student, I would also check-in with the UC San Diego Legal Services team at students.ucsd.edu/ or you can call them directly. They have a long list of complaints against problematic landlords and if you call them they will tell you that the Venetian Condo family is very "well known" in the area for their shady business practices.

Helpful 2
      Thanks 2
      Love this 1
      Oh no 1
    • Photo of Jody V.
      Jody V.
      Ontario, CA
      Oct 18, 2023

Brian was such a pleasure to talk with and was a breath of fresh air in the process of finding a new place to live. He was more than happy to be helpful and answer any questions I had whether pertaining to his rental or something else. Thank you so much Brian!

Helpful 3
      Thanks 2
      Love this 2
      Oh no 0

48 other reviews that are not currently recommended

You Might Also Consider

Sponsored
    Rancho Mesa Properties
    3.5 (55 reviews)

5.4 miles away from Venetian Condominiums

Sean H. said"1. This review is through the lense of a property owner. I cant speak to the tenant experience that someone would receive. 2. I decided to use RMP after a inhouse consultation from Alan Townsend. Alan is an absolute wealth of…"read more

in Real Estate Services, Property Management

Legacy Property Management California
    5.0 (8 reviews)

8.7 miles away from Venetian Condominiums

We are a San Diego property management company with a hands-on approach. Unlike other big box companies, we know every single landlord, tenant, and property personally. We place only the best tenants and have a vigorous screening…read more

in Property Management

People Also Viewed